Automation of gate valves, butterfly valves and ball valves
The 3S rotary actuators are specially designed for buried gate valves, as well as butterfly valves and ball valves with gearboxes. The actuators are watertight and are installed directly into the ground under a standard road cap or manhole cover according to the patented 3S ground installation method or flanged directly onto the valve according to EN ISO 5210.
In combination with a part-turn gearbox, the 3S multi-turn actuator 500 D can reliably automate part-turn valves.
Valves that have already been installed can also be subsequently automated.
- Without shaft construction: low civil engineering costs even with subsequent automation
- Without data cable, PLC or control cabinet: bidirectionally integrated directly into the Scada system and accessible every second thanks to x-active M2M Communication
- Without power grid: one year of decentralized battery operation thanks to 3S Energy Save Technology
- Diameter 230 mm, height approx. 450 mm
- 550 W electric line
- Operating mode: Short-time duty S2-15 m
- Power supply: 230 V AC, 50 – 60 Hz or 48 V DC
- Control: Profibus, Modbus, analog (4 – 20 mA), GSM
- Automatic recording of the operating data of the valve, actuator and battery
- Logbook function
- RS232 service interface
- Peak torque: 500 Nm, max. Rotation speed: 61 rpm
- Glass bead blasted, powder coated outer shell made of V2A (V4A on request)
|Actuator||Max. rotation speed1||Adjustment range of torque limitation2||Valve connection (Flange)|
|3S 300 D-60||2 - 60||bis 60||F 10|
|3S 300 D-125||1 - 30||bis 125||F 10|
|3S 500 D-125||7,65 - 60||bis 125||F 14|
|3S 500 D-175||5 - 45||bis 175||F 14|
|3S 500 D-225||4 - 34||bis 225||F 14|
|3S 500 D-275||3,5 - 27||bis 275||F 14|
|3S 500 D-350||3 - 22||bis 350||F 14|
|3S 500 D-450||2 - 17||bis 450||F 14|
|3S 500 D-550||1,5 - 14||bis 550||F 14|
1 The maximum rotational speed is reached up to approx. 50% of the peak torque [l/min .]
2 Peak torque is reached up to approx. 30% of the peak rotational speed [Nm]
3 Flange EN – ISO 5210 / 5211
Subject to changes
The mobile XS drive is a powerful slide gate rotator. The intelligent 3S digital electronics also make it a valve maintenance device (3S AIG).
The torque as well as the number of gears are permanently monitored and stored during operation. With the optionally available management software incl. integration into existing GIS and/or operations management systems can realize continuously documented valve maintenance.
The carrying handles and a snap-in solution for easy folding enable quick commissioning.
- Paperless, non-manipulable documentation
- Maximum torque over 2,500 Nm
- Digital USB interface for importing valve master data and exporting condition data
- Powerful lithium-ion battery
- Individual torque limitation according to the valve requirements
- Compatible with the Berliner Kappe® system – thus the maintenance measures can be carried out by one person
- Easy operation due to carrying handles
Subject to changes