10-year quality guarantee (water for human consumption)
HAWLE Service GmbH (hereinafter: “HAWLE Service”) guarantees the functional capability for a period of 10 (ten) years from confirmation of compliance with the guarantee requirements in the first test report in the course of commissioning for CLAYTON control valves with the original inscription “CLA-VAL” sold by HAWLE Service to customers, which are used as intended for water for human consumption in accordance with Directive 98/83/EC.
If a CLAYTON control valve loses its functionality during the warranty period, HAWLE Service will, at its own discretion, either repair the product or deliver an equivalent replacement product to the place of performance agreed with HAWLE Service. Within the scope of this warranty, HAWLE Service shall not assume any additional costs or damages of the customer or third parties, in particular no costs in connection with removal and installation or reinstallation. Purely visual defects which do not impair the functionality of the CLAYTON control valve as well as readjustment work on the pressure settings do not constitute a case of warranty.
Also excluded from the warranty are, but not limited to, wear parts 2 and damage caused by improper storage, transport, installation, failure to observe installation instructions and instructions for use, failure to carry out pressure tests, use outside the limits of standard applications and general operating parameters, failure to observe service intervals, subsequent tampering or use for unsuitable fluids. The warranty does not apply to exceptional environmental conditions, vibrations or residues from the medium, damage caused by solids in the pipe, or similar external influences, nor to actions of third parties, accidents and other events beyond the control of HAWLE Service.
Conditions for the existence of a 10-year quality guarantee
- Commissioning by a HAWLE service technician within 3 months after installation, but no later than one year after purchase of the CLAYTON control valve,
- On-site inspection of the installation situation and the operating parameters by a HAWLE service technician, including confirmation in the test report that the warranty conditions have been met, and
- current maintenance contract with HAWLE Service or compliance with the maintenance interval of 24 months for the respective product (the date of the next maintenance may exceed the service interval by a maximum of 12 months).
In the event of a warranty claim, it is the customer’s responsibility to prove that the warranty conditions have been complied with and that the warranty claim falls within the temporal scope of this warranty, e.g. by presenting the invoice and the first test report.
Please also note the exceptions and special regulations applicable to certain products in our catalogue and on
our website www.hawle-service.at.
This warranty is governed exclusively by Austrian law to the exclusion of its international rules of reference. Claims arising from the contractual warranty are not limited by this guarantee. Claims arising from the contractual warranty are not limited by this guarantee.
This warranty applies to all deliveries from the effective date 01.01.2019 for CLAYTON control valves sold to customers by HAWLE Service, which are used as intended for water intended for human consumption in accordance with Directive 98/83/EC. Older warranty declarations by HAWLE Service are not valid for deliveries after this date.
1) The functional capability results from the catalogue sheet and the ÖNORMEN EN 1074-1:2000 and EN 1074-05:2000.
2) Wearing parts are in particular diaphragms, seals, plungers, springs, pressure gauges and solenoid valves.