Our partner, Gutermann, is a world leader in leak detection technology!
ZONESCAN NB-IoT is a revolution in intelligent water loss management technologies.
Correlating leak noise logger for permanent monitoring of water distribution mains using automatic NB-IoT cellular data upload to a cloud software.
Data connection from deepest shafts
ZONESCAN NB-IoT is the world’s first water leak detecting noise logger based on Narrowband Internet of Things (“NB-IoT”).
This is a new LTE-based cellular communication standard optimised for machine-to-machine data communication in smart cities.
NB-IoT significantly outperforms conventional 3G/4G communication standard for leak detection applications.
- Significantly lower power consumption (5-10x less), resulting in a longer battery life
- Significantly improved coverage underground (deep coverage)
- Much lower communication costs
Installing (and subsequently moving) an NB-IoT logger has never been easier. The Android app ZONESCAN INSTALL will guide you through the process of logger activation.
An antenna jig with USB port allows you to connect the logger to your Android device for direct access.
Once deployed, a regular extended antenna is connected to the logger and attached magnetically underneath the lid.
Loggers are deployed in intervals of typically between 50 and 300 meters, depending on the deployment area and the pipe properties.
- Housing material: 100% stainless steel
- Dimensions: IP68
- Length: 107mm, Ø 40mm
- Weight: 0.54 kg
- Temperature range: -30°C to + 70°C
- Communication: NB-IoT, various bands
- SIM card: Nano, exchangeable
- Battery: replaceable, Li-SOCl2 cell size C
- Battery life: approx. 3 to 5 years
- Antenna: Extended antenna with magnetic antenna base and RSMA connector
Browser-based cloud software with data hosted on secure servers of GUTERMANN’s professional hosting partners
- Geospatial mapping of loggers and leaks (using Google Maps and Street View technology)
- Leak identification thanks to automatic daily correlation
- Unlimited data storage
- Ability to import network specific GIS and piping data in KML format
- Maintenance mode for real-time check-up of each piece of equipment
- Automatic calculation of leak probability
- Email alarm for immediate leak notification
- Advanced spectrum analysis for avoidance of false leak alarms created by constant mechanical and electrical noise sources
- Playback of all sound recordings directly in the office
- Graphical display of all historical sound histograms, frequency spectra and correlation data to investigate difficult results
Subject to changes